About Wetland Solutions Limited
- Flexible Days and Hours
- Great Team Environment
- Orewa, Auckland
Wetland Solutions, established 2003, are recognised as industry leaders in environmental consulting, who interpret and practically apply the legislative requirements, scientific and technical information associated with land development and restoration.
We work on a wide range of environmental projects throughout New Zealand for a variety of clients that include Councils, developers, private land owners and community groups.
Based in sunny Orewa on the Hibiscus Coast, Auckland, our company values strive to promote the health and wellbeing of our staff and offer a work-life balance second to none. Having achieved Secondary Level in ACC WSMP Accreditation our company has robust policies in place around the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors, clients, and the public, and promote the prevention of injury and illness. Wetland Solutions is not only committed to ‘the people’, but also committed to the protection of the environment and to the prevention of pollution.
About The Role
The right candidate for this role will be based in the Orewa office. The role will require you to work within a small team of experienced consulting professionals, as part of the Ecology Services Team to provide ecology consulting and project management services to private and public sector clients.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong botanical identification skills (native and exotic)
- Ability to assess the ecological effects of land use and management changes on ecosystems – with a strong focus on wetland and forest ecosystems
- Able to work well within a team environment
- The ability to lead terrestrial ecological restoration projects
- Good knowledge of restoration ecology and weed management practices
- Ability to produce high quality written and verbal reports
- Ability to interpret Council district plans/rules and experience with consenting processes
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet (and exceed) timeframes and dates due
- Relevant degree and work experience
- 2-5 + years working as a consultant/ecologist or in a similar role
If you feel you meet the criteria set out above and are keen to know more, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t think you meet the experience level for this role, but are keen to know more about other potential opportunities and/or work experience with the team here at Wetland Solutions, email: email@example.com