- Casual / Contract Roles Available
- Orewa, Auckland
Wetland Solutions Limited is a well-established and respected environmental consultancy based in sunny Orewa in the Rodney District, Auckland. Our core focus is wetland and native re-vegetation plantings and we work with a diverse client base including Councils, Developers and Private Landowners.
We are seeking casual / contract Field Operators for both full and part time works, to join our team and work on a variety of projects throughout the wider Auckland region.
Wetland Solutions' Field Operators are responsible for:
- General maintenance on project sites – light construction included
- Ecological weed control – manual and chemical methods
- Regular communication with Head Office on projects and verbal reporting as required
The role of Field Operator is a busy and varied position within our team and it’s necessary you have the following attributes:
- Proven experience in the Horticultural/Ecological Restoration field or similar
- Strong Plant and weed knowledge
- Keen to learn and pick up new skills along the way
- Experience with Agrichemical application and light tools and/or plant and machinery
- Happy to work alone, or with a small team
- Ability to work alongside planting & labour teams / contractors
- Friendly and professional communication skills
- Basic computer skills will come in handy - Outlook Email / Word / Excel, though training will be provided
Horticultural experience and/or qualification with an understanding of a range of planting techniques and native / exotic plant species would be an advantage, as would a First Aid certificate though not strictly essential. It is expected you have a good competency with the use of horticultural sprays and are Growsafe accredited (if not held, we are happy to assist you in getting this certification).
The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-motivated, physically fit person who enjoys working outdoors. Experience in a related industry is preferred; though we are always keen to train up good operators that are motivated to learn! You will have a pro-active and resourceful nature with loads of initiative and have a keen eye for detail. It is necessary you hold a clean and current NZ driver’s license as a late model 4WD will be provided for work purposes.
You will be joining a small team of fun, enthusiastic and hard-working people in a supportive and flexible work environment. Hours and days can be negotiated, as will remuneration, dependent on experience and skill set.
More information is available. Contact Nicola, Wetland Solutions on 0800 WETLAND
Alternatively, you are welcome to email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org